Vinyl and laminated floors are one of the durable, attractive, longer lasting and even is under the home’s highest traffic conditions, but the product is certainly not indestructible. But, fortunately, cleaning the vinyl floors is fairly an inexpensive and straightforward project, and with proper amount of care, it’s very easy for maintaining the eye catching appearance of your floors. Vinyl floors can easily stand up to lot of abuse and even in the high traffic areas of your home. But it still requires proper care and cleaning for keeping them looking the best. Here is the process stating how to clean the vinyl floors accurately and perfectly.
Vinyl floor cleaning process:
- It is advisable of wiping off the spills as soon as they happen by using plain water. This helps in preventing the stubborn stains. Home owners are required to clean the vinyl floors thoroughly once in a week.
- When it comes of cleaning the vinyl floors, you can simply go wrong by using sponge, mop or just plain water. Mop it frequently when you observe the stains with plain water.
- Always dry mop or vacuum the floor for removing the dirt observed on the surface, removing the hair before you go ahead on to a wet cleaning process. Don’t forget to clean under the furniture, baseboards and the corners too.
- It’s advisable of using cleaning solutions like apple cider vinegar that is one of the best cleansers. The acidity of apple vinegar helps in removing the accumulate grime and dirt without leaving back the buildup or soap or wax.
- It is very simple; Mix a gallon of water with one cup of cider apple vinegar. Remember the water should be warm. Use a damp and clean mop for cleaning it. It is important of rinsing the mop frequently by hot water because it will help in remove it in a better way.
- White vinegar is one of the substitutes that can be applied on the build up dirt and grime. If the stains are stubborn in nature, add some drops of dish washing detergent for cleaning it totally from its roots.
- Mop it once and clean it properly. For adding shine to your vinyl floors by adding some drops of baby oil to the solution of water and vinegar. For any food stain from ketchup, mustard, tomato sauce and mustard, clean it by making a paste of water and baking soda. Rub it gently on the stains unless and until the stain is disappeared.
- Nylon bristle bush is one of the cheap ways that helps in cleaning the stubborn stains. It helps in removing many different types of stains. Especially when used with different household solvents.
- If you observe any stains of lipstick, ink or dye, rubbing alcohol is one of the best ways of cleaning them. For removing nail polish stains, use nail polish remove containing acetone for removing the stains.
- There are many areas for caution, like while vacuuming your vinyl floors, it’s advisable of not using a beater bar attachment. Because it might lead to damaging the surface of the vinyl floor.